"An Amazing Collection of Art From Around the World and Through the Ages!"
You could spend a week at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and still have something left to see. Spanning five city blocks on the east side of Central Park, the world-renowned Metropolitan Museum of Art is one of the world’s largest art museums. Its massive collection spans 5,000 years of art — from an ancient Egyptian temple to modern American Pop Art.
- Monday: Closed.
- Tuesday through Thursday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 9:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Schedule as of July 1:
- Sunday-Thursday: 10:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- Friday and Saturday: 10:00 a.m.-9:00 p.m.
- Closed January 1, first Monday in May, Thanksgiving, and December 25.
1000 Fifth Avenue at 82nd Street.